Friday 15 February 2013

Hobby Update

So I think we're well overdue an update on my hobby activities. Let's start with Dreadfleet.

For Christmas, my fiancee bought me the Dreadfleet foam trays from Battlefoam and they are brilliant. Safely housing all the ships, cards and extra pieces, all inside the game box, these trays are perfect for Dreadfleet players.

There are two versions on the Battlefoam site. This is the one I have - comprising of two trays that fit inside the box. Be aware, due to the size of the trays, the box will not fully close, but that's to be expected. Here's what it looks like.

The second version is made up of three trays and you'll need to buy a Battlefoam bag to carry them in.

I recently finished the Flaming Scimitar and I'm happy with how it's turned out.


This leaves me with two ships left to paint and then the auxiliaries, navigation rod etc. I think I'll then be turning back to my Eldar army. I still have five units still to paint and once those are done, here's a list of other stuff I have waiting in the wings:

Ultramarines:
1 tactical squad
3 bikes
1 devestator squad

Black Templars:
1 tactical squad
1 Company Champion

Dark Eldar:
Lelith Hesperax

Grey Knights:
Karamazov on the Throne of Judgment

Space Wolves:
1 Venerable Dreadnought

Scenery:
2 bastions

The Black Templar marines were an idea I'd had to build a Witch Hunters/Black Templars army. This never really came to fruition, but maybe it's something I'll go back to at some point.
The Karamazov model I bought initially to go with my Sisters of Battle because he was originalky in the Witch Hunters codex. Now he's moved to the Grey Knights, I may end up starting an army based around him in the future, but for now, he's just a painting project.
As is Lelith Hesperax. It's pretty much a perfect model that I'd love to paint. It will also give me an opportunity to see if I can paint the super straight highlights on Dark Eldar models.

My aim is to get all the models I own painted and finished, before I buy anything else or start any new projects. If you're a fellow hobbyest, I'm sure you're rolling with laughter at that statement. But that's the plan anyway. We'll see how I go with it.

In other news, the shutter on Games Workshop's Meadowhall store has closed for the last time. You can read my thoughts on its impending demise here.
I was present on the penultimate day when all the farewell activities were taking place and entered the painting competition with the model below.......and won the Warhammer 40,000 category! To see the model in the store cabinet was a great feeling and to win as well - it made my day.

In the coming weeks I'll be posting up a review of a Living Card Game I bought recently called Android: Infiltration from Fantasy Flight Games, but for now, I think that brings us up to speed on my hobby activities.


"She was an angel, pure as righteous destruction. She laid low the twisted and lifted the hearts of the righteous. At her passing, a million voices cried out her name. Shall we ever again see her like? No, not now, nor ever again..."

- Sister Patricia of the Orders Famulous, on the disappearance of Saint Celestine.

No comments:

Post a Comment