Thursday 9 January 2014

New Years Resolutions 2014


So 2014 has landed and people everywhere are making New Year’s resolutions. Self-improvement is always at the top of the agenda and gyms around the country will be full for a couple of weeks and then tail off again as people realise they simply can’t be bothered.

I tend not to make resolutions like exercise more. Instead I just make a list of things I’d like to do or achieve in the coming year.

In 2014 I’d like to cook more. I make dinner almost every day, but it isn’t always what you’d describe as cooking. So there’s going to be more of that this year – fresh produce, food and recipes I’ve never tried before.

I’d like to expand the subjects of this blog. Films, videogames and Android: Netrunner will remain at the forefront, but I’d like to branch out into other subjects too. I’d like to write about food, fashion, being a 30+ male in the 21st century.

With the discovery of Fantasy Flight’s LCGs and the arrival of the Xbox One, my Warhammer hobby really tailed off this year. I should have finished painting Dreadfleet and I hardly got any games of 40K in. Well that’s going to change in 2014. Dreadfleet painting is going to kick off again this week and as soon as funds allow, I will be getting the new Space Marine codex (yep, that’s right, I haven’t even bought that yet).

The main thing on the agenda this year is buying a house. Things have been a little fraught these past few months and there have been many house viewings. I’ll tell you the whole story once we’re sorted and can look back on it all and laugh. Until then, it’s going to be a hectic few months.

Whatever 2014 has in store for you, I hope it brings you health and happiness. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great set of goals, and all sound very achievable.

    I've had 6 days as a 30+ man and haven't noticed anything immediately different so far, will be interesting to see your insight.

    Good luck with the house hunting dude!

    ReplyDelete