Sunday 26 August 2012

Warhammer Painting Progress - Part I


Yesterday morning I was sorting out my paints and generally clearing out a drawer when I came across a packet with "Forge World" emblazoned across the top. It took me a few seconds to realise what it was - A Space Wolf Venerable Dreadnought I'd bought from a Forge World day at Warhammer World a few months ago. I'd completely forgotten about it. If this isn't a sign that I buy too much hobby stuff, I don't know what is.

And then the very same day the new Warhammer 40,000 box set was revealed with some stunning Dark Angel and Chaos Space Marine models. Obviously, I have to get it.

But let's get a handle on things here. I need to get on top of the painting. Get stuff done and finished before moving onto something else.

So I thought I'd list what I still have unpainted as a means of motivation and keeping myself and others who might read this blog up to date on my progress. So here goes:

Ultramarines:
  • 5 Tactical marines
  • A Devestator Squad
  • 3 bikers
Space Wolves:
  • A Venerable Dreadnought (which I still need to buy the arms for)..
Eldar:
  • Striking Scorpians
  • 5 Dire Avengers
  • Swooping Hawks (Going to buy some Finecast ones of these to replace my metal ones)
  • Harlequins
  • Avatar of Khaine
Dark Eldar:

  • Lelith Hesperax
Scenery:
  • Finish Basilica
  • Two Bastions
  • Quad guns etc
Dreadfleet:
  • Grimnir's Thunder
  • Flaming Scimitar
  • Seadrake
  • Skabrus
  • Treasure tokens
  • All auxiliaries
  • Navigation rod, wind gauge etc.
Other:
  •   Karazov on the Throne of Judgment.
Wow. I've depressed myself now. A lot of work ahead.

When I've finished the Blood Claws I'm working on at the minute, I'm going to go back to Dreadfleet. And we'll just see how we go from there.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment