Sunday 6 January 2013

Christmas 2012

Having moved out of my home that I shared with my mum and dad and into a flat with my fiancée, Christmas this year was always going to feel a little different. I was faced with the conundrum of where to have Christmas dinner. Thankfully my m9um said we should go to her on Boxing Day and Samantha’s mum’s for Christmas Day. Sorted.
 
Since moving in together I had been looking forward to Christmas morning, just the two of us exchanging gifts and it all went how I’d imagined. We then got ready and went to my Mum and Dad’s for breakfast. My mum had made eggs benedict and it was delicious.
 
We exchanged more presents then went to Samantha’s mum’s. The food was great and a good time was had by all, but I couldn’t help feeling a little sad that this was the first Christmas dinner I’d ever had away from home.
 
But Boxing Day cheered me up for sure with cold turkey and home-made chips. Thanks Mum.
 
All in all, Christmas 2012 was a good one. I felt a bit more grown-up, what with the new flat and all – and it still isn’t a coat that sits comfortably on my shoulders yet. But hey, at 31, it damn well should.
 
2013 may well be my most grown-up year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment