Sunday 13 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions

 
The last New Year’s Resolution I stuck to was to start a new hobby. 5 years later, I’m still playing with toy soldiers.
 
This year, I’ve thought of a few that are easily achievable, but a little different from my usual new year aims.
 
Write more letters. Well, really it should be “write letters” as I don’t write any at the minute. It’s a dying art and I want to revive it in my little corner of the world. So I’m going to write to some friends who have moved away. After I’ve run out of friends, I might just write letters of complaint to people and get free stuff sent to me.
 
Lose my phone. No, not really. Not LITERALLY lose it. I mean don’t be such a slave to it. As much as feel bad when I miss a call or don’t get back to a message straight away, I’m fed up of having it with me all the time, even when I’m at home. It should be left on the side and I’ll get back to any messages or Twitter updates when I get to them.
 
Get everything I own – Games Workshop-wise – painted and finished. Everything, before I buy anything else. Any fellow hobbyests reading this will be rolling with laughing at this statement.
 
And finally – Ride a horse.
I’ve wanted to do this for a while, so I will endeavor to get it done in 2013. I’m not just going to climb over a farmer’s fence and jump on a horse, I’m going to, I don’t know, buy a horse riding lesson or something.
  
So that’s it. Feel free to share your own in the comments below or on Twitter. I’ll update you on these come January 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment